Why every landlord needs to have the number of a good tenant eviction service

Most experienced landlords will have dealt with one or two bad tenants and know the benefits of a professional tenant eviction service.

You simply cannot afford to have tenants who do not pay, damage your property, or cause the neighbours problems with noise, drugs, or other criminal activities.

Having the telephone number of a good tenant eviction service can be the difference between your property portfolio making you money or costing you dearly.

How can our tenant eviction service help you?

Our professional agents can help if you have tenants who:

  • Aren’t paying the rent
  • Are causing a nuisance or damaging your property
  • Are refusing to leave after the end of their tenancy agreement
  • Are in breach of an obligation in the tenancy agreement
  • Have a trade or business at your residential property without your permission

You’ll need to serve a possession notice on your tenant, and our experienced staff will help you choose the right notice and we will draw it up and serve it for you.

We’ll also help you prepare for any court dates and we’ll book one of our experienced solicitors or barristers to act for you in court.

Which possession notice should you use?

Section 8 notices are used when a tenancy has been breached, such as with rent arrears, damage, or nuisance. Landlords must provide 14 days’ notice to the tenant before action can be started in the courts and if the tenant rectifies the issue, possession may not be granted. This is often the best order to use when a tenant is solvent or there is a guarantor.

Section 21 notices are sometimes preferable even though they require two months’ notice to be given to a tenant and cannot end before the end of a fixed term tenancy. This is because in most cases, it is a paper process with possession being granted and separate claims can be brought for any rent arrears.

In 2018, 10,128 repossessions were carried out by County Court agents in England using the “accelerated procedure” under Section 21.

There are currently government plans to end Section 21 possessions in England and Wales, however.

We keep abreast of the latest legal moves and each case we deal with is assessed on its individual merits and we advise our clients accordingly.


What happens when you get a possession order?

Normally, a judge will give a tenant between 14 and 28 days to vacate a property. An order to pay rent arrears or for the cost of damage may also be made.

If a tenant is still refusing to leave, you can instruct High Court enforcement agents and transfer your case from the County Court to the High Court to obtain a High Court order.

Experienced, professional agents will carry out the eviction within the law.

Simply changing the locks is not legal, even if your tenant has ignored a possession order.


Do you need advice from our tenant eviction service? Call us on 01495 781218 or get in touch here.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *